The change in seasons is a great time to embrace change in your everyday life, and from a new winter coat to a switch in seasonal scent, I firmly believe in the saying ‘Out with the old and in with the new’ – well that’s my excuse anyway!
As I love to catch a glimpse inside other people’s handbags, I thought I would give you the opportunity to look inside mine, which has had a recent autumn overhaul and has allowed me to discover some great new products to see me through the colder months ahead. There is also the chance to win one of my favourite recent additions too…….
1) My new bag for the Winter season is the Jimmy Choo Ally bag which is a lot smaller and lighter than my previous tote. It is great for the impending party season where I can tuck the straps inside and use as an oversized clutch and the zip detailing gives it attitude.
2) To match my downsized bag, I have had to downscale my gadgets and my new iPad Mini is the perfect companion. I’ve had the standard Ipad for several years now which has become an everyday essential at home, but now this baby sister can come with me wherever I go effortlessly. Scroll to the end to see how you can win your own as I have one to give away….
3) To keep my iPad safe and stylish on the daily commute I tuck inside this Stella McCartney iPad case. Just like Stella’s signature Falabella handbag, this super luxe case is finished with the trademark chain detail and is in my favourite colour for autumn.
4) I’ve written about these Carrera by Jimmy Choo sunglasses before and despite one of my pet peeves being people wearing sunglasses in unnecessary weather or , *gasp* indoors, I think these are the ideal style for a chilly morning walk when the sun is breaking through.
5) An exception of my seasonal rule of change is my classic monogram Louis Vuitton diary. Seven years later it still looks perennially stylish and induces envious looks whenever I pull the gold edged pages out to check my schedule.
6) I am a huge fan of luxury stationary and there is no one that does this better than Smythson. They also make gorgeous leather goods and I had to get this handy zip purse as it is sophisticated yet practical and in my favoured autumn tone.
7) First impressions are the most important, so I carry my business cards in this cute leather holder, also by Smythson. It is ideal to carry my oyster card too and the bold colour means it is easily found in the bottom of my bag.
8) My summer holiday seems a long time ago and my skin is getting paler by the day. To prolong that summer glow in a subtle way I have switched my usual powder to Chanel Les Beiges, which is extremely natural and adds a hint of colour for a healthier look.
9) I wrote about my love for Jo Malone’s ‘Nectarine Blossom & Honey’ fragrance a while ago and I have just switched to the heavier, slightly more masculine ‘Blackberry & Bay’ scent. It lasts all day on my skin and conjures up memories of blackberry picking as a child, which is another fond autumn memory of mine, so is the perfect seasonal scent and in the ideal handbag size.
10) Tom Ford ‘Willfull’ lipstick is the one constant in my bag as a red lip is the easiest way to look ‘done’ whatever the climate. I love this colour as it is from the shine range, so is a little more laid back than a classic matte red and doesn’t dry in the cold weather.
I want to give you the opportunity to own a nifty iPad Mini just like mine, so I’m giving one away to a lucky reader. To be in with a chance of winning, simply leave me a comment below telling me what is your Autumn handbag essential before midnight on Sunday 24th November 2013 and I will pick my favourite answer – the more creative the better!
*The winner will be contacted through their method of entry (Comment, tweet, Instagram) within 28 days of competition close and will have 7 days to claim their prize.
*The prize is as stated (iPad Mini Wifi) : no cash alternatives are available.
*This competition is open to UK entrants only.
*By participating in this competition you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.